Tuesday, May 22, 2012

DIY: 1 minute doily bow


I like bows a lot. I sew them quite frequently. (ahem)
They're super easy. Especially this one.
I am not exaggerating when I say that this bow takes 1 minute to make.
And it's as cute as it is easy.

Materials: Doily, Ribbon, Bobby Pin.

 Start pinching you're doily between your fingers at one end and work your way across...

Until you reach the other side..it should look like this.

Take a scrap piece of ribbon and double knot it around your doily

 Add a bobby pin...


 Now you have yourself a fun lacey hair bow.


or you can stick in a safety pin and you'll have a faux bow tie. :) 

I urge you to try
and don't forget to show me your variations :)
ENJOY!

xo, rach


p.s. visit this awesome blog party

6 comments:

  1. Ohh, that's such a cute, clever idea, doilies are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, you're so sweet! I love doilies! They are so handy and fun!

      Delete
  2. I wish I knew how to crochet. :| This is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secret of the day, I wish I knew how to crochet too! I actually buy my doilies from an antique store at about 1$ a piece :) I'm glad you like the idea! Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Hi .. I'm visiting from The Perfect Pair blog party :) Your doily bow idea is so cute! I love the colour of the one you have.

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm glad you like it! I like the color too..I'm currently stuck in a maroon phase, and it shows in my crafts :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Insert clever &/or gracious response here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...